Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Thought

http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/39/mount-everest.jpghttp://tramper.co.nz/files/objectversions/3248/IMG_2293%20small.JPGWhilst we were climbing Kakepuku a thought came into my head.
Do you know how Kakepuku is just under 450 meters and it looked pretty big when we were about to go on the bush. Well I just thought how big Mt Everest would be.
Sir Edmund Hilary must of had really big guts!!!
Mt Everest is like 200 Mount Kakepuku's!!!!!
Mt Everest is no joke.
Some people have died trying to climb the Summit because they have run out of oxygen!!!
But if you were right at the foot of it I mean it would be breath taking.
Over 8,000 meters of mountain!!! (29035 feet!!!)

If you were told to climb Mt Everest would you do it and why?
What would you take up there? (Oxygen would be good!)
If you were stranded on Mt Everest what would you do to get out of the mess?

Remember Mt Everest is a ice mountain.

You have to consider one big thing.
HYPOTHERMIA!!!!
So think carefully and wisely about your choices!

Good Luck!!!!!

HamilTRON

8 comments:

Nei-Nei Neina-Marie said...

I would take food, oxygen, water and something to keep me reeeeeeealy warm!
I couldn't scale Kakepuku, who knows what I would do on Everest.

mech boy said...

I'm not sure what I would take...
Hmm....
Maybe I'd take exactly what Sir Edmund Hilary took.

P.S. Have you noticed that the guy who died part-way through the batman (the guy who played Joker) got more mourning than Sir Ed (my opinion)?

Rhys Abrahams said...

Hay HamilTRON, just wondering if you or anyone reading this know what hypothermia is? What happens to the body? Is it fatal?

HamilTRON said...

Hey Mr A Man!!!!
Yes Hypothermia is fatal.
You get Hypothermia when you are cold.
You get frostbite, chills, etc...
When you've been in that state for over 1 hour your body temp ha dropped to dangerous levels you this affects how the body works, brain damage etc..
This often finishes in cardiac arrest which obviously kills you.
And Mech Boy why did you think Joker got more mourning then Sir Ed?

P.S Good luck A-Man for your future in teaching!!!

HamilTRON

HamilTRON said...

Hey Peoples!
What did you think Sir Ed took up his journey?

HamilTRON

MrWoody said...

Great post Hamiltron. Well done.
Also, a very impressive geography lesson you delivered today in class regarding the US states. Well done! I'm sure Mr Teehan was very impressed. If not, he should have been.

I_luv_animals_AKA_ashymashy said...

I would take..........................
oxygen and a blanket and food.

I_luv_animals_AKA_ashymashy said...

i would take a boat full of clothes a smaller boat full of tanks of oxygen a smaller boat full of food and one more boat full of miountain gear but i would make someone else carry it maaauuuwhahha